10 reasons to work from home
Do you really need to work in the office every day? Technology has allowed us so much freedom and flexibility in our working styles, but do we really take advantage of it? Here are 10 reasons why you should ask your employer to work from home (or a coworking space) one day per week.
- Spend less time commuting to the office - saving time, energy and money.
- Become more productive to reduce the sense of guilt by not being in the office.
- Get a chance to do some personal tasks leading to more happiness and less stress.
- Gain the opportunity to concentrate better without the interruption of colleagues.
- Take a break from the same environment and add variety.
- Create trust by starting on a trial basis - proving that it will work well in the long term.
- Take time to think more innovatively and not just respond to emails and meetings.
- Increase retention of employees and reduce recruiting/training costs at the same time.
- Save space at the office for the employer and employees save on food/travel expenses.
- Improves work/life balance and gives employees increased autonomy.
I think this is the future with many people saying that they love the flexibility of working from home one day a week, and then are happier to spend the other four days with colleagues so they don't feel isolated.